Full program description
Informal learning/free-choice learning is about deciding what, where and how we want to learn, especially for the type of learning that happens in the real world.
The certificate is based on the Contextual Model of Learning a conceptual framework that posits that learning is influenced by the interaction of time and variables within three contexts: personal, sociocultural, and physical.
- Gain insight into fostering learning via creation, participation, and exploration.
- Learn more about informal learning and the opportunities it provides for learners.
- Discover how to give valuable STEM and critical thinking skills outside the classroom.
- Have the opportunity to share your own unique situation and bring theory into practice in your own institution with your learners.
All courses are asynchronous (no group meetings required).
Full Certificate Courses (these courses must be completed to be awarded the certificate)
- Personal Dimensions of Informal Learning - Jan 9 - Feb 19
- Sociocultural Dimensions of Informal Learning - Mar 6 - Apr 7
- Physical Dimensions of Informal Learning - May 1 - June 12
10% discount when you sign up for all three courses. Enter code Certificate23 when paying for all three.
Space is limited